Monday, November 8, 2010

It's That Time of the Year: Holiday Cards 101

Since I was a little girl, I looked forward to my parents receiving family letters, Christmas cards, and photo postcards in the mail.  In my head I chose my favorite designs and (this is slightly dorky) picked my children’s names and how my card would look.  When the JCPenney catalogs would come in the mail, I would pick out my pretend family’s coordinating Christmas photo outfits to match our Christmas cards.  In my head the final product would be perfect thanks to my endless imagination.
Now my imagination doesn’t have to stretch that far.  Blake booked our photo session this summer and last weekend we took beautiful fall pictures at Antioch Park.  The morning of our photo shoot I did a little shopping to coordinate our looks and then we were off.  Our photographer was wonderful and was so patient with little Willow.  We were able to see a sneak peek of our images which turned out better than I could have hoped for.  As soon as we got home, I ran up to the office and went to the Shutterfly website.  There, I tried to find the best Christmas cards to fit our beautiful portraits.  With all of their new ideas for holiday cards, it was so easy.  I even got a jump on making my standard holiday calendar and some extra little gifts for loved ones. 
Although I am not done with the finished product yet, here are some ideas for creating your perfect holiday card.


These ones are my personal favorites:


For something really unique, try shutterfly's story cards or christmas gift tags

How about giving your husband beautiful wall art to adorn his office?  Is your mother a coffee drinker?  Personalize these mugs with your child's pics and you have the perfect gift for a grandparent.  I traditionally scrapbook calenders for my loved ones every year for Christmas.  Try this easy to create and fun to personalize version to save you a little time. 

Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly, click here:  http://bit.ly/sfly2010 

No comments:

Post a Comment