Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Key to Scrappiness

When people ask what the most important thing about being a scrapbooker is, I usually answer having good quality pictures.  Starting out in scrapbooking, I struggled with using beautiful pictures.  I typically used whatever came on the roll that I developed and filled the page with blurry, no good, low resolution prints.  I have turned my focus of scrapbooking from filling a page with lots of stickers and adding embellishments over the top to picking one fun, memorable, good quality photo and showcasing it with unique product.  Now, with all the photo editing software out there, I realize that creating beautiful scrapbook pages is becoming easier and easier.

I am not a great photographer.  I am on the lookout for a new camera to go along with our high tech editing software.  (If you have any suggestions, please let me know.)  Many of you may know that I am a teacher, and I do have a blog that showcases my students and their writing.  One of my students who is a phenomenal writer is also a brilliant photographer.  I urge you to check out her photostream on flickr.  These pictures make me go weak in the knees!

No comments:

Post a Comment